- Instructor: Gavin Choo
- Lectures: 21
- Duration: 2 days
1. COURSE TITLE
Google Ads Search Certification
2. COURSE DESCRIPTION
In this comprehensive 2-day Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords) Search Certification course, participants will learn step-by-step how to develop a Google Ads Search advertising strategy, create Google Ads Search advertising campaigns from scratch, understand how Google Ads works, and how to measure and fine-tune Google Ads Search campaign parameters for optimal results.
This course will also prep participants to take the Google Ads Search Certification assessment. At the end of the 2nd day, participants will undertake the Google Ads Search Certification assessment via Skillshop (formerly Academy for Ads), which is the one-stop-shop for product training for everyone who uses Google’s professional tools and solutions. Upon achieving a passing score of at least 80%, participants will attain a Google Ads Search Certification awarded by Google.
By earning the Google Ads Search Certification, Google recognizes your ability to:
- Translate a vision for online marketing into a coherent digital marketing strategy
- Develop a Google Search strategy with wider company marketing plans
- Generate a plan to increase leads, sales or web traffic using Google Search
- Develop a plan to reach new and existing customers with Google Search Audiences
- Ensure your Search marketing plan is aligned with your digital marketing budget
Earning the Google Ads Search Certification will also show your colleagues, your employer, and your network that you are an expert in your field.
You will be able to build more successful campaigns, foster trust in your abilities, and (hopefully) lead to more career growth and a higher salary.
3. COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
In this course, you will learn:
- How to set up a Google Ads Search advertising campaign from scratch;
- How to manage Google Ads Search campaigns in-house or outsource to an external vendor;
- Hacks that Google don’t want you to know for the maximum ROIs;
- Techniques to measure, analyze, and optimize your search campaigns based on insights from an industry expert;
- Successful search advertising strategies to help you achieve your KPIs;
- How to perform detailed segmentation and organize the structure of keywords, text ads, and ad groups for targeting and optimal results;
- How to conduct effective and extensive keyword research with the Google Keyword Planner;
- How to pass the Google Ads Search Certification exam with a score of at least 80%;
- And much more
4. TARGET AUDIENCE
This course is intended for marketing executives or managers, solopreneurs, entrepreneurs, and individuals who manage or execute Google Ads Search advertising campaigns.
Basic computer knowledge. Prior knowledge in Google Ads will not be required. Participants are required to bring their own laptops for the practical hands-on portions of the workshop, though.
6. COURSE OUTLINE
GOOGLE ADS FUNDAMENTALS
- Introduction to Google Ads
- Google Ads ecosystem (Search, Display, Video, etc.)
- Benefits of Google Ads
- How the Google Ads auction works (Ad Rank, Quality Score)
- Google Ads bidding models (CPC, vCPM, CPA, CPV)
- Google Ads account structure, billing & payment, account access levels, and interface
- Keyword research & ad grouping
- Campaign goals (Sales, Leads, Website Traffic, etc.)
- Campaign types (Search, Display, Shopping, Video, App)
- Targeting options (Keyword, Demographic, Device, Topic, Placement, Audience, etc.)
- Ad formats (Text, Image, App, Video, Product Shopping, etc.)
- Setting up a search advertising campaign
- Writing effective text ads
- Ad extensions
MEASUREMENT & OPTIMIZATION
- Setting up conversion tracking
- Link Google Analytics and Google Ads
- Understanding the key metrics
- Campaign optimization techniques for optimal results (Bid adjustments, Quality Score, negative keywords, automated/smart bidding strategies, shared budget)
- Competitive metrics
- Auction insights report
GOOGLE ADS SEARCH ASSESSMENT
- Answer 50 questions in 75 minutes
7. COURSE DURATION
2 Days (10 am – 5 pm)
8. COURSE RECOGNITION
FutureSkills Institute short courses are non-award courses that offer participants the opportunity to quickly enhance professional skills, increase general knowledge in a chosen area, or nurture a new talent or hobby.
Participants that attend non-award short courses will be awarded a KARUNA certificate of attendance on completion of the course.
9. TRAINER’S PROFILE
Gavin Choo is the Co-Founder and Principal Trainer of FutureSkills Institute.
He is a seasoned digital marketing entrepreneur and consultant, as well as a Singapore WSQ ACTA certified trainer. He is passionate about showing business owners and brand marketers how to get results when it comes to search and digital marketing campaigns.
Gavin has earned certifications across Google and HubSpot topics, namely Google Ads Search Certification, Google Ads – Measurement Certification, Google Analytics Individual Qualification, HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification, HubSpot Email Marketing Certification, and HubSpot Content Marketing Certification.
He has worked in the Marketing & Advertising industry for more than 10 years in various roles such as sales, marketing, and business development.
He also co-founded Disruptive Digital, a full-service digital agency based in Singapore that utilizes a unique blend of strategy, creativity, technology, and data to help clients drive growth and competitive advantage.
Additionally, Gavin delivers training/workshops for/on behalf of the likes of Lithan Academy, Aventis Learning Group, Tertiary Infotech (and a couple of others) in Singapore.
1: Google Ads Fundamentals
2: Campaign Creation
3: Measurement & Optimization
4: Competitive Analysis
5: Google Ads Search Assessment